Please refrain from sending more than 1 Halloween treat to school each day with your child in November. They will be encouraged to eat their healthy food (ie sandwich) before having the treat at lunch.
- Don't forget to send the library books back by Monday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Sunday, Nov. 6 is the first day of Daylight Savings Time. Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday night.
- Thursday, Nov. 10 is our Remembrance Day assembly at 10:45. You are welcome to join us in the gym.
- November Family Projects are due back Thursday, Nov. 10 or whenever they are completed.
- Friday, Nov. 11 is Remembrance Day and therefore the school will be closed.
- If you would like to make a Scholastic order as a gift for your child, please let me know beforehand and I will be sure to deliver it to you directly rather than to your child. The book orders went home on Wednesday and were due back Friday, Nov. 4.
- Christmas gift idea? We have scheduled three skating sessions across January and February. If your child does not have skates they are welcome to borrow them from the school but the sizes might be off and they are a kijillion years old so not terribly warm or comfortable. This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for something suitable as the school books skating time for all classes every year.
- Zipped up coat weather is here and a number of the children cannot do them up themselves. Please practice zipping at home and putting on gloves/mittens too.
- November sight words are: at, and, do, from, go, he, see, she, stop (which we already know). If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.