- Aeverie loves her Polly Pockets, Bentley showed us his Lego, Olivia had a shiny pink wallet with some coins, Theo brought a Skylander and Jacqueline is proud of her white recorder.
- All library books are due Monday, June 13, and there will be no more sign-outs for this school year.
- The Bright Red Book Bus will visit BEST on Monday, June 13 and we will scope it out. It will visit BEST on Wednesdays throughout the summer from 1:00-3:00pm. Please come and check out some books!
- Tuesday, June 14, we have our first field trip to TCC to engage in some gymnastics. Please have your child wear loose, comfortable clothing and remove their jewelry. If your child has long hair, please tie it back for that day.
- Wednesday, June 15, we will be watching plays put on by two other primary classes.
- Thursday, June 16, we will have ice cream if your child has placed an order. We will be cheering on the talented students at BEST in the afternoon at the Talent Show.
- Friday, June 17, is Dads & Donuts. It will proceed the same as Moms & Muffins did with adults joining us at 8:30am for a small snack and some one-on-one reading and then wrapping up by 9:00am. We will also be exploring bubbles with the BLSC on the field that afternoon.
- If you have not returned the permission slip for our gymnastics trips to TRU please do so as soon as possible.
- Sight words for June: boy girl friend good give saw they went why
- 2 permission slips went home this week, 1 for our city bus trip to Westsyde (due Monday, June 13) and the other for our day trip to Isabel Lake (due Monday, June 20). Please make note that both trips require some parent helpers. Fun fun fun!
- Got scissors?
- Thank you to Ella and her family for the cake.
- Some of the regular posts, such as The Week In Photos, might be late due to a report card writing binge this weekend. I'd rather be bingeing on chocolate and ice cream.
Why do Mrs. Farber and I do this every year? Have you looked at our June calendar? The rest of the month is going to be crazy with something almost every day, although some of the events were beyond our control. We are trying to squeeze as many minutes as possible of learning and togetherness into every day before the children leave for grade one. And its not that they can't do these things we have planned for June in grade one, because they can. The point is they won't be doing them with us. And we all know not following a routine often makes children (and adults) discombobulated so we will be following our regular schedule as much as we are able to right through to the end of June to make things (hopefully) easier for everyone. Please try and have your child get plenty of sleep and healthy snacks to help them better handle all the activities we will be experiencing throughout the rest of the month. And I promise to try and do the same for myself (because a discombobulated teacher is not a pretty sight).
Mrs. Bowden &