- Don't forget to send the library books back by Tuesday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in. All library books will be due to the library on Monday, Dec. 12 for inventory.
- Due to Fresh Air Friday, our Home Box items and folders did not go home today but will be sent Tuesday.
- Monday, Dec. 5 is an NI Day so while I will be at school, Team Awesome gets to stay home and recuperate from their various illnesses.
- Report cards will go home on Tuesday, Dec. 6. Please keep the report and sign and return the envelope so it can be used for the next report card in the spring.
- Our December Spirit Assembly and first community groups activity will be the afternoon of Wednesday, Dec. 7.
- B.E.S.T PAC will be having a Christmas Gift Shop at the school December 7 – 9 for students to buy Christmas gifts for their families. More information was sent out yesterday in a blog post.
- Your donations of Arts and Crafts items to put into the PAC raffle basket are very much appreciated and due Friday, Dec. 9. You can leave them with me.
- December Family Projects are due whenever they are completed.
- Zipped up coat weather is here and a number of the children cannot do them up themselves. Please practice zipping at home and putting on snowpants/ boots/gloves/mittens too.
- December sight words are: but, friend, give, good, in, look, up, want. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
Mrs. Phillips started practicing the Winter Concert performance with Team Awesome last week and they were so excited. Excited that they would dance. Excited that they would be on stage. Excited to use the scarves. Excited their families would see them. I have done this for many years and know that this excitement will wear off fairly quickly. Like, by yesterday for most of them. And as they continue to practice boredom will begin to set in and rehearsals will gradually deteriorate to a few students doing what they are supposed to and the rest doing various other things. And the whole thing will look a mess which will raise the anxiety levels of those adults involved, And the dress rehearsal the day before the actual performances won't go much better (further elevating adult stress levels). But the children will pull it together and the special performances for our families will come off without a hitch. Or maybe with a few hitches but we have our secret weapon tucked into our back pockets. The Cuteness Factor. Thank goodness for The Cuteness Factor.
Mrs. Bowden &