- Return library books to the bin on Monday so we can exchange them.
- Permission slips for skating are due Tuesday Jan. 10 with $6.00 for the bus.
- Thursday, Jan. 13 will be our first skating morning. You are more than welcome to join us at McArthur Arena at 10:00. We will need help supervising and putting on skates.
- Friday, Jan. 13 January Family Projects are due (or whenever they are finished).
- Friday, Jan. 13 and Friday, Jan. 27 are both possible Fresh Air Fridays. We have not yet determined which one will see us walking to the river as it will depend on the weather. We also like to take the children sledding for a January FAF so our fingers are crossed we will have enough snow. I will notify you by next Wednesday if we will be going on Friday Jan. 13.
- We have used our last box of tissues. If you could send a box we would very much appreciate it.
- Please practice zipping coats at home and putting on snowpants/ boots/gloves/mittens too.
- We reviewed December sight words this week.They are: but, friend, give, good, in, look, up, want. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
Happy New Year! Never did I ever seriously think about living in the year 2017. I mean, it (and middle age) always seemed so impossibly far in the future and yet here we are. Is it too personal to ask if you made a resolution for this year? Not only did we learn that the earth rotates and then also revolves around the sun (minds are blown!) but we also discussed resolutions (all the R words!) and why people make them this week. And a Team Awesome member resolved to eat more cookies this year. At first I dismissed the idea as just a 5 year old getting carried away but then I began to think about when the last time I honestly ate a cookie and enjoyed every little crumb of it without that voice in my head (you know the one- it kinda sounds like your mother) nattering away at me. And I watched the children at lunch taking pleasure in their favourite treats and expounding on them to their friends. And rather than the usual resolution to eat less or watch what I eat or don't eat X this year (which is inevitably something I love and think I need to eat less of), I resolved to eat more cookies too. Because life is too short to not eat and savour all the cookies.
Mrs. Bowden &