- Thank you for returning all library books! If you haven't done so yet, expect a bill for the missing book next week.
- There will be NO school lunches next week. Please plan accordingly.
- Thank you for all the help with our field trips so far this year! They have been such great days! We hope to see you Monday, June 26 at Centennial Park. Info has been posted.
- All student materials will come home on Wednesday, June 28.
- Thursday, June 29 is our last day of Kindergarten with a 12:30(ish) dismissal. Please send a snack and backpacks to carry our last minute items home. Look for report cards in packs. There will be an end of year assembly on that day beginning at 10:30.
- The TNRD runs a great reading program throughout the summer! The goal of SRC is to encourage a love of reading. Any reading done between July 3-August 26 can be counted as part of SRC.
- Register your child for Camp Read-A-Lot with Scholastic for the summer.
- Don't forget the Bright Red Book Bus will be visiting school locations throughout the summer, July 4- Aug 18, to help facilitate your child's summer reading. Info has been posted.
- We will get the last few photos and videos to you as soon as possible next week. Please don't forget to download any you would like to save to your computer.
- If your child will not be here Thursday, June 29, make arrangements to pick up their report cards from the office by July 7. Report cards can not be picked up before Thursday.
- The June newsletter for BEST can be found here.
- Scholastic flyers are available online monthly. June's is available here. Our class code is RC210022.
- June sight words are: day, has, made, off, saw, they, them, went. Please feel free to practice them at home.
This is the last Friday Housekeeping for the school year. Next Thursday will be a blur of emotion and activity as parents and children burdened with shopping bags crammed with artwork, inside shoes and report cards make their way out into the summer heat after hugs and well-wishing for a good holiday. The calm afterward is reminiscent of Boxing Day after Christmas- unsettling, relieving and bittersweet. Another year in the books. And for your reading pleasure, this made me laugh. Sorry.
Mrs. Bowden &