- Monday, May 22 is Victoria Day and therefore a holiday. If you are like most of the rest of the population of BC (including me) you will enjoy (hopefully) your first camping trip of the season this weekend. Yay! I will get the photos up early next week.
- Library book exchange will be Tuesday, May 23.
- Constable Winkels will be visiting the Ks one more time on Wednesday, May 24 to review bike safety.
- The Egg Glider competition will take place the afternoon of Thursday, May 25. More info was posted earlier this week.
- Lunch orders for June are due to the office by Thursday, May 25. There is a PAC pizza order form on the bottom. If you would like to order pizza it is due Monday, June 5 with pizza lunch Friday, June 9.
- Friday, May 26 is a Fresh Air Friday and as the river is high, we will be having activities outside on our playground.
- We will be using real child-sized tools that are sharp for our May 26 FAF. Please let me know if you do not want your child to use them as there is a chance of getting hurt if used improperly.
- Mrs. Farber and I are looking for items the children can take apart (computers, telephones, stereos, what-have-you) for the May 26 Fresh Air Friday.
- The Scholastic Book Fair at BEST begins Monday, May 29 and continues through to Thursday, June 1. We will be previewing the books at 11:00 on Monday. You are welcome to send money with your child to buy a book at that time or the Fair will be open at various times throughout the week, including after school.
- On the afternoon of Wednesday, May 31 at 1:10 the primary classes will be having a musical performance in the gym called "How Canada Came To Be". Team Awesome needs to dress in 'olden day' clothing. Please send their costumes to school that day and we will put them on after lunch, just before the performance. If you are able to help with props or backdrops please let Mrs. Phillips know.
- Mrs. Farber and I are meeting our new Ks for next year the afternoon of Thursday, June 1 so there will be a substitute for that afternoon in our classrooms.
- Friday, June 2 we are taking a trip to the Big Little Science Centre for the morning. Permission forms will be sent home next week.
- The BEST newsletter can be found here. Look under Site News.
- May sight words are: are, her, him, how, out, play, this, when, your. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &