- Jaden is proud of his water bottle, Ciara showed us her homemade pompom dog, Aeverie loves her colourful ponies and Bentley shared his Skylanders.
- Library book exchange day is on Mondays.
- February family projects went home on Wednesday.
- Unfortunately Mr. Bowden's minor surgery was bumped for a second time and must be rescheduled again so there is sub day for me in the works for April.
- Tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 22, is an NI Day so Team Awesome will be at home.
- Wednesday, Jan. 27, BEST will host a Family Literacy Time for grades K-3 in the gym from 8:30-9:00am. Join us as we curl up and read.
- We will also wrap up the January Kindness Challenge on Wednesday with an afternoon assembly.
- Friday, Jan. 29 is Dress As Your Favourite Book Character Day at BEST.
- If you have not yet returned them, please send back the skating permission slips and $6 for the bus. We are skating Jan. 28, Feb. 11 and Mar. 3. Helmets are mandatory or the children cannot go on the ice.
- Ms. Steffenson's class is looking for donations of old towels and blankets to give to the SPCA as an act of kindness. Feel free to drop them off with me if you have any you would like to be rid of.
- We are still missing ALL of our coloured plastic spoons, three forks and two knives (and the plug from the sink). And of course, scissors.
- Next week is Unplug And Play Family Literacy Week. BEST will be hosting activities through the week and there are events put on around town. A detailed notice went home with Team Awesome today.
True story! And I have my fingers crossed I am passing my love of reading on to Team Awesome. This week when I was introducing a book as one of my favourite favourite favourites, one of the children said, "You always say that!". Another student replied, "That's ok Mrs. Bowden, we love them too!" I am hoping you can make a bit of time to join us in the gym on Wednesday from 8:30-9:00am to curl up and read with your child and pass on some of your love of books too.
Mrs. Bowden &