- Seth is proud of his teddy, Lakaya showed us her Hello Kitty stuffie, Keyton loves his new Brownie Bear and Jackson shared his noisy monster truck.
- Library book exchange day is on Mondays.
- Family projects are due as soon as you have completed them.
- There will be a substitute teacher Wednesday, Jan. 20. Mr. Bowden has some minor surgery and must be monitored for the day.
- We also have our WildSafe BC presentation on Wednesday, Jan. 20.
- Friday, Jan. 22 is an NI Day so Team Awesome will be at home.
- Did you notice there were different dates for skating on the top and bottom of the permission form? I was lazy and copied someone else's and didn't notice their dates at the bottom. We are skating Jan. 28, Feb. 11 and Mar. 3. Permission forms and $6 for the bus are due Jan. 19. Sorry for the confusion.
- Ms. Steffenson's class is looking for donations of old towels and blankets to give to the SPCA as an act of kindness. Feel free to drop them off with me if you have any you would like to be rid of.
- We are still missing ALL of our coloured plastic spoons, three forks and two knives (and the plug from the sink). And of course, scissors.
- Two educational presentations by Merlyn Horton brought to you during family Literacy Week: Parenting in the Digital Age, HGEC, Jan 28th from 6:30-8:30 and Young Families, Social Media & Providing Social Services, Henry Grube Education Centre, Jan 29th 9:00-noon.
- Thank you to Gideon and his family for the donation of a lamp and little rocking chair. They have been in use every day.
If The Weather Network is to be believed it is a good thing we went sledding today as the snow is melting fast and will continue to with temperatures possibly above 0 through to the end of the month. Team Awesome was just like a litter of puppies out there- rolling and jumping on and over each other, squealing and yipping, romping through the snow. And like puppies, one or two would eventually get tired of all the craziness and give someone else a verbal nip to warn them away until they felt up to joining in again. Despite the occasional snap, Team Awesome enjoyed each others' company and I saw many acts of kindness without being asked or a thought of being paid back in kind. Those are true kindnesses indeed. It has been my experience that small children are naturally kind and Team Awesome is no exception, even on a fun but exhausting Friday afternoon.
Mrs. Bowden &