- Monday, Feb. 13 is Family Day so Team Awesome will enjoy the day at home with you. Send library books for exchange on Tuesday.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 will consist of a variety of Valentine activities. Treats to celebrate are always welcome. It is less time consuming to hand out cards if you have your child fill in their name on their Valentine cards and leave off who they are for. Then we can just pop them into the card holders without trying to read names (and without 18 children waving cards in my face to help them because they can't read the writing and neither can I). We have 18 children in the class. Send the cards in a bag and have your child leave it on my desk or in the Home Box in the morning for safekeeping.
- Thursday, Feb. 16 is an early 12:30 dismissal day due to parent/ teacher interviews. I have finished a few assessments and will touch bases with parents the week of Feb. 13. It need not be long or even a scheduled visit so I might pull you aside in the morning or afternoon for a quick chat. Of course, you can book an 'official' time to see me on Thursday if you would like or any other day that works for you if needed.
- I have put the odds and ends of mittens, hats, snow pants, shoes and socks that have been hanging about on top of our cubbies in the Lost and Found if you are looking for missing items.
- The BEST January newsletter can be found here.
- February Family Projects are due when you have finished them. There will be no Family Project for March.
- We have new sight words for February. They are: come, did, have, get, love, of, said, very, will, yes. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
#1 rule in our classroom. Because that's all you can do, really.
Mrs. Bowden &