- There is regular Monday book exchange next week. I suspect it will be our last one for the year, with all library books being due the following Monday for cataloguing.
- If you would like to order pizza it is due Monday, June 5 with pizza lunch Friday, June 9.
- Wednesday, June 7 is our last Spirit assembly and community group activities for the year.
- Permission slips for our two gymnastics trips to TCC will be due on Wednesday next week. Unfortunately there will be a $13.00 fee- $5.00 for each TCC visit and a $3.00 bus charge.
- Friday, June 9 BEST will have a Beach Day theme so wear your shorts and sunnies. It is also a Fresh Air Friday and we will be enjoying activities outside on the primary playground. If it is warm, sending a hat for outside play times is a good idea.
- Monday, June 12 the Kamloops Public Library ladies will be making a presentation to promote their summer reading program. There are always tons of fun activities and prizes offered throughout the summer at the library.
- Tuesday, June 13 we will have our first trip to TCC to take some gymnastics lessons with their awesome instructors.
- Friday, June 16 we will be inviting our dads to join us in our classroom from 8:30-9:00 for Dads & Donuts in celebration of Father's Day.
- The BEST Talent Show will also take place the afternoon of Friday, June 16.
- Yearbook sales are almost over. If you would like a yearbook they are $20 in the office.
- There will be no Family Project for June as I am not sure we will have time to share them all.
- The BEST newsletter can be found here. Look under Site News.
- June sight words are: day, has, made, off, saw, them, they, went. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month.
Why do Mrs. Farber and I do this every year? Have you looked at our June calendar? The rest of the month is going to be crazy with something almost every week, although some of the events were beyond our control. We are trying to squeeze as many minutes as possible of learning and togetherness into every day before the children leave for grade one. And its not that they can't do these things we have planned for June in grade one, because they can. The point is they won't be doing them with us. And we all know not following a routine often makes children (and adults) discombobulated so we will be following our regular schedule as much as we are able to right through to the end of June to make things (hopefully) easier for everyone. Please try and have your child get plenty of sleep and healthy snacks to help them better handle all the activities we will be experiencing throughout the rest of the month. And I promise to try and do the same for myself (because a discombobulated teacher is not a pretty sight).
Mrs. Bowden &