- A notice went home re: baked goods donations for next week. If you are able to send something, please fill in and return the form. Thank you!
- Don't forget to send the library books back next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Next week BEST will be participating in Hockey Week, with various activities planned for the school such as a jersey day and a lunchtime floor hockey game between staff and students on Friday, all of which will culminate with the Saturday evening Blazers Family Night game. If you are interested in attending the Blazers game, tickets can be bought through the school with a portion of the sales returning to BEST. Notices went home on Wednesday.
- Family Projects are due whenever they are completed.
- December hot lunch orders AND PAC McDonald's Day orders are due to the office Thursday, Nov. 23. McD's lunch is delivered Friday, Dec. 1.
- I have sent home the December Scholastic book orders this week and asked for orders early (Thursday, Nov. 23) so that if you have ordered some for holiday gifts, you are sure to get them on time. Please let me know if any of your order is a gift and I will set it aside and hand it to you personally rather than sending it home with your child.
- Friday, Nov. 24 BEST will be hosting a You Can Count On Me math session in the gym for Kindergarten students and an adult. If you are unable to attend please send an auntie, grandparent, family friend etc. If you haven't yet, please send in the attendance form that was sent home last week ASAP.
- Our next Fresh Air Friday is the afternoon of Friday, Nov. 24. Please dress your child for the weather. It is also Jersey Day.
- Mrs. Farber and I have planned a field trip to the Big Little Science Centre on Wednesday, Nov. 29. Permission forms came home today.
- BEST PAC will have a Christmas store where students can come and buy small gifts for their families at recess and lunch December 5 & 6. More information will be sent closer to the date.
- A pair of new, dark grey snow pants went missing from our classroom at the end of the day last week. Please return them if you find them at home.
- We have scheduled skating sessions November 30 and December 7 with Mrs. Weber's class. If your child does not have skates they are welcome to borrow them from the school but the sizes might be off and they are a kijillion years old so not terribly warm or comfortable. This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for something suitable as the school books skating time for all classes every year. Permission forms have been sent home.
- November sight words are: at, and, do, from, go, he, she, stop. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Please have your child read any little paper books that come home multiple times for practice. Thank you.
Team Awesome is so empathetic. They heard that a friend of theirs has a mom who is seriously ill and immediately clamored to help. We discussed ways we could help our friend's family (such as giving her our 'special icky medicine') and then their ideas were gently guided to things we could actually do. We settled on a Bake Sale, the proceeds of which would go to the family to help with travel costs to Kelowna. Will a few cupcakes be able to raise a bucket load of funds to help? No. But the children weren't concerned with that. They just wanted to do something to make their friend feel better and help out. So next week, Tuesday, Nov. 21 and Thursday, Nov. 23, the Kindergarten classes will be hosting a bake sale, one day for primary and the other for intermediate classes. If you would be willing to send some goodies that we could sell to help our friend's family we would very very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any donations.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &