- Don't forget to send the library books back by Monday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 and Wednesday, Oct. 19 are early dismissal days (12:30) due to parent/ teacher interviews. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up early. Your child would like to show you around our classroom and explain some things we've been learning before you leave. (They are very excited to 'host' you.)
- Please check the blog post sent earlier in the week re: parent/teacher interviews. If you have sent in your preference time for a personal interview and would still like it, please let me know by Monday so I can send you a confirmation. If you have decided you don't need to see me and have sent in the form, let me know by Monday. An email through the blog or a note or in person are all fine.
- Permission slips for our pumpkin patch field trip are due Thursday, Oct. 20. The cost is $7.00- $5.00 for the pumpkin patch and $2.00 for the bus.
- Friday, Oct. 21 is an NI Day so Team Awesome will be at home while I am learning how to be a better teacher.
- Photo retakes and our pumpkin patch field trip are both Wednesday, Oct. 26. Those children requiring retakes will have them before we leave.
- School photos need to be ordered by Friday, Oct. 28.
- Friday, Oct. 28 is a Fresh Air Friday. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Thank you to Fresh Is Best for sending enough tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole for every child in the school to have a sample on Thursday.
- BEST has entered a battery recycling competition and for all of next week, and part of the following week, we are collecting old batteries to be sent for recycling. If you have any at home, you are welcome to leave them with me.
- October Family Projects were due Oct. 19 or whenever you have finished. Have fun!
- October sight words are: am, to, my, for, was, is. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Please have your child read any little paper books that come home multiple times for practice. Thank you.
Team Awesome should be coming home tired today. We not only tromped back and forth to the river twice but we also had our regular playtime and some activities on the beach. We were lucky in terms of weather as it just barely began to sprinkle as we were making our way back at the end of the day. The presenters were interesting and all the children were well-dressed so there were no complaints of being bored or cold. We played hard and learned hard. It was an awesome day at the river!
Mrs. Bowden &