- Bailey shared some big keys, Brynn had a peacock feather, Lara showed us a stuffed monkey and Valletta loved her stuffed talking penguin.
- Lunch orders for February are due Monday Jan. 26.
- Wednesday Jan. 28 Team Awesome will have their vision screenings. Notices will come home on Monday.
- February Family Projects will also come home Monday Jan. 26.
- Next week is Literacy Week and Friday Jan. 30 will see BEST celebrating with a school-wide DEAR time as well as a Hats Off To Literacy Day- wear a silly hat.
- Unplug & Play runs Jan. 24- 31. Notices went home this week with lots of free activities around town for families.
- Skating permission forms went home this week and are due February 19 with $6.00 for bussing fees.
- A reminder that other than sharing days, toys should be kept at home as they are causing issues on the playground.
- The BEST newsletter can be found here.
- BEST will have a book swap Wednesday Feb. 11. Details forthcoming.
- BEST would like you to be able to access World Book Onkine. The username is: best and password is: bcsd73.
- No Take Home Folders went home today due to Fresh Air Friday.
Mrs. Unsworth has gradually been increasing the amount of time she is teaching and responsible for Team Awesome. In February she will be accountable for planning, teaching and supervising most of the day. At first the idea had me a bit worried and anxious but Mrs. Unsworth is proving that she is more than competent and ready. And Team Awesome is delighted to have her in class and ask for her when she is elsewhere. You would think that having someone else teaching would free me up to hang out and eat bonbons in the staff room while reading a trashy magazine but not so. I seem to be as busy as ever and am managing to attend to tasks that seldom seem to get done. Having an extra person to help meet the needs of the children has been a boon and not only is Team Awesome enjoying having Mrs. Unsworth, but I am thankful for her energy and cheerful demeanor every day.
Mrs. Bowden &