- Please return library books for Monday exchange.
- Cst. Winkels will be continuing our WITS program with class visits on Monday, May 8. She will also be visiting the Ks on Wednesday, May 10.
- We will be inviting our moms to our classroom from 8:30-9:00 the morning of Thursday, May 11 for a wee Mother's Day celebration. Invites coming today.
- Jump Rope For Heart donation envelopes are due to myself or the office by Friday, May 12.
- I am absent on Friday, May 12 and Ms. Kipp will be substituting in our classroom.
- Monday, May 15 is an NI day so Team Awesome will be home.
- There is a cultural performance at BEST on Tuesday, May 16 in the gym.
- Friday, May 19 is our exciting Jump Rope For Heart stations outside for the afternoon.
- The BEST newsletter can be found here. Look under Site News.
- May sight words are: are, her, him, how, out, play, this, when, your. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month.
As I was looking at the calendar and filling in dates, I was taken aback to realize that we have two months of school left this year. How did that happen? We have plenty of activities to fill up the time- field trips, assemblies, Fresh Air Fridays and, of course, our regular curriculum stacked on top. I often begin to feel a bit anxious this time of year as I think of how much more I want to share with the children. And although we will do tons of learning these last few months, I never seem to feel 'finished' (although I might feel like it by the end of June). There is always something else I would like to help Team Awesome discover or get them excited about. Of course, their formal learning has just begun and they will have plenty of other opportunities to embrace the excitement and I will start all over again with a new group in the fall so technically, we will not be finished even though this school year will soon be.
Mrs. Bowden &