- Please ensure that your child's name is on everything they bring to school- shoes, backpacks, coats, lunch bags, mittens etc.
- Inside shoes can be left on the cubby shelf above your child's coat hook at the end of the day.
- When picking up your child outside of regular hours, please use the main door by the office as all other doors are locked during school hours for the children's safety. You must also sign out your child with the office.
- Your child will come for a full day (8:30-2:30) either next Monday or Tuesday. If you aren't sure which day they should come, check with myself or the office. Don't forget to send a snack and a lunch.
- ALL the children will start full days, every day, on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- Scholastic book orders are due Friday, Sept. 15. If you wish to order something, return the order to me or pay/ order online (see post for info).
- The first Buddy Bags will go home Friday, Sept. 15, with three children. Check the calendar for your child's weekend. Instructions/ expectations are in the front cover of the Buddy's journal. Please return all the items, in the pack, on Monday for sharing.
- We will begin our library time the second or third week of September with Ms. LeFlufy.
- We will participate in the Terry Fox Run at BEST on Friday, Sept. 15.
- Sharing will begin the week of Monday, Sept. 18. Check the calendar for your child's day. Please refrain from sending toys to share.
- Friday, Sept. 22, is an NI day which means there is no school for students.
- School supply fees are due into the office if you haven't already done so. Check with Ms. Adams for cost for each grade.
- If you would like to send a water bottle with your child's name on it to leave on the back counter, you are welcome to. Remember to take them home occasionally to wash, especially after an illness. We do have a fountain in our sink but it is difficult to work.
- Although we are not in cold season yet, it is coming (we had coughs and sniffles already). If you could send a box or two of tissues for our classroom it would be very much appreciated.
- It seems the RSS Feed button to receive reminder emails to check this site is not working correctly. That is a site issue and I will try and have that fixed but cannot give a timeline for when that will happen.
Yay! We have all successfully navigated our first day of school. Some of us were anxious, some timid and some downright reluctant but there was a tiny spark of excitement in all of us. Let's see if that tiny spark can't be fanned into a full-blown wildfire of excitement for school and learning this year.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &