- Don't forget to send the library books back by Monday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Permission slips for our pumpkin patch field trip were due Thursday, Oct. 20. The cost is $7.00- $5.00 for the pumpkin patch and $2.00 for the bus. If you haven't sent it in yet please do so as soon as possible or your child will be unable to attend.
- Photo retakes and our pumpkin patch field trip are both Wednesday, Oct. 26. Those children requiring retakes will have them before we leave. We will also be having a whole class photo at that time.
- November lunch orders are due to the office Wednesday, Oct. 26.
- School photos need to be ordered by Friday, Oct. 28.
- Friday, Oct. 28 is a Fresh Air Friday. Please dress your child appropriately.
- PAC pizza orders are due Monday, Oct. 31 with pizza delivered on Friday, Nov. 4.
- November Family Projects were sent home this week as they involve a timeline poster and I wanted to be sure to give lots of time for them. They are due back Thursday, Nov. 10 or whenever they are completed.
- BEST has entered a battery recycling competition and for all of this week, and the beginning of next week, we are collecting old batteries to be sent for recycling. If you have any at home, you are welcome to leave them with me or at the office.
- October sight words are: am, to, my, for, was, is. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Please have your child read any little paper books that come home multiple times for practice. Thank you.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit Team Awesome in our classroom this week. They were so excited to have you come and see what we have been up to in Kindergarten. And I was happy to hear that they all enjoy being here. Although they seem content and adjusted while they are in class and engaged in whatever we are learning, sometimes the stories told at home can be slightly different. You are more than welcome to ask your child to show you the 'latest and greatest' projects we are working on any time you pick them up at the end of the day and pull me aside for a quick chat without waiting for an interview if you have questions and concerns. Enjoy your extra day at home with the children- they are going to need plenty of rest for our next few busy weeks.
Mrs. Bowden &