- Sam showed us a favourite lift-the-flap book and Andon had a cool Lego tank he had built.
- Welcome Mrs. Unsworth. Today was her first day and she will be with us until Oct. 30.
- Photos went well today- the kiddos were beaming and well behaved while waiting their turn.
- Please return the coupon books sent home a few weeks ago if you do not want to buy them.
- Some school supplies fees are still outstanding. Please see Ms. Adams in the office.
- Our trip to Adams River is on Wednesday, Oct. 22. I have only one confirmed parent to help supervise. I will need at least three more helpers to be able to take the children. If you are able to come and help, please let me know as soon as possible.
- On Thursday Oct. 23 there is a partial solar eclipse which is best seen from western North America. From Kamloops, the sun will be blocked 59% which is pretty good! Even if it is overcast the sky will visibly darken as maximum eclipse approaches. The sun begins to enter the moon's shadow at 1:34pm and will have emerged from it completely at 4:17pm.
- Friday Oct. 24 is a Non-Instructional Day. The children will not have school.
- Bert Edwards Elem. will be participating in Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) on Monday Oct. 27. It is usually held province-wide between 11:00 and 11:20.
How come short weeks sometimes feel the longest? It seems like we were very busy this week but I suspect it wasn't any crazier than usual. The weather has cooled off, especially at morning recess so please remember to dress your child accordingly. Remember to label all items that come to school so if something becomes lost it is easy to identify. There are a few packs and lunch kits without names on them as well and it would be helpful if they were labelled too.
Mrs. Bowden &