- As usual, library books are due back for exchange by next Tuesday.
- Please sign and return the report card envelope if you haven't already done so.
- Family Projects for May are coming home and are due Friday, May 3 or whenever they are ready.
- Friday, April 19 is Good Friday and the beginning of the long Easter weekend.
- Monday, April 22 is Easter Monday and Earth Day.
- We will have our second Safe Touch session on Tuesday, April 23.
- Friday, April 27 is a Fresh Air Friday. We won't have too many more FAFs down at the river as the water often rises in May, leaving no beach area. When that happens we continue our FAF activities at the school or find other sites to explore.
- The afternoon of Monday, April 29 we will be participating in community group activities.
- Friday, May 1 we have a Jump Rope For Heart presentation by the school skipping team in the gym.
- We are down to 10 pairs of scissors from 25. That means we each need to share with a partner. If you find a pair of our scissors at home (they sometimes go home in lunch kits), please return them.
- Don't forget to use the Scholastic $6 book coupon your child received in their Xmas card from me before the end of June!
- If you make an online book order from Scholastic that is $30 or more, use the code 'CLIFFORD' to choose a free book worth up to $6 this month.
- Mrs. Leonard is looking for donations of white buttons for a project she is working on. If you have some you would like to donate, leave them with me or put them in the jar on the office counter.
- April sight words are: all, boy, his, girl, not, name, some, that, what. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- BEST monthly newsletter can be found here.
This is a colouring and crafty group. They love to colour, draw, make books and notes and cards and crafts for their friends and family. You have no idea the amount of paper we go through. At the beginning of the year I often put out colouring to help the children strengthen their fine motor skills but straight-up colouring is not something that is often done this time of year. It is usually colouring + something else- colour by addition or sight words for example. So when Team Awesome came in on Monday morning and saw Easter egg colouring on the table it sounded as if they had hit a big lottery jackpot. Whoops and hollers and hurrahs! Who knew it was so easy to make a large group of children so happy?! And they made me promise to put out Easter colouring every morning this week. I hope you and your family are going to enjoy the Easter long weekend with a fridge covered in brightly decorated Easter motifs carefully crafted and given to you with love from a Team Awesome member.
Mrs. Bowden &