- As usual, library books are due back for exchange by next Tuesday.
- May Family Projects are welcome. There will be no Projects for June as I don't think we will have time to share them.
- BEST will host a Scholastic Book Fair next week from Monday, May 27 to Thursday, May 30. Look for times on posters around the school. We will get a sneak peek of what's available on Monday.
- Mrs. Farber and I will be welcoming next year's Kindergarteners in the gym the afternoon of Wednesday, May 29 and a substitute will be with Team Awesome.
- We will welcome Jaimie Garbutt from the City of Kamloops on Thursday, May 30. She will be giving us a waste free lunch presentation. See info above.
- Mrs. Phillips has been working on a small musical play with Team Awesome and she would like them to present it to you in the gym on Thursday, May 30 at 11:30. See blue notice sent home this week and previous blog post for more info.
- We will go to Paul Lake on Friday, May 31 to participate in the Learn To Fish program. Permission forms and $2 for the bus are due. More info has been posted. Please join us!
- PAC hot dog day Friday, June 7. Orders are due to the office by Friday, May 31.
- We are down to 10 pairs of scissors from 25. That means we each need to share with a partner. If you find a pair of our scissors at home (they sometimes go home in lunch kits), please return them.
- Don't forget to use the Scholastic $6 book coupon your child received in their Xmas card from me before the end of June! Only one more order to do so!!
- If you make an online book order from Scholastic that is $30 or more, use the code 'CLIFFORD' to choose a free book worth up to $6 this month.
- May sight words are: are, her, him, how, out, play, this, when, your. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- BEST monthly newsletter can be found here.
Next week is Bike to Work & School Week and students (and staff) at BEST are encouraged to participate. We are keeping track of students that bike back and forth from home and school to have a total number of kilometers ridden for the week. Graham Specht, who helped with our bike rodeo, will be coming back to help tune up bikes and fit helmets at lunch on Wednesday, May 29. And for each day students bike to school they will receive a ticket to put their name into a draw. Let's get on our bikes and ride!
Mrs. Bowden &