- Return library books to the bin on Monday so we can exchange them.
- There will be a substitute teacher on Tuesday, Jan. 17 as I will be away at a training workshop. It will be Team Awesome's first experience with a sub.
- Friday, Jan. 20 is an NI Day so Team Awesome will spend the day at home.
- Due to the extremely cold weather FAF was cancelled for this week and Friday, Jan. 27 is a possible Fresh Air Friday if the weather cooperates. We would like to take the children sledding so our fingers are crossed we will still have enough snow.
- January Family Projects are due when they are finished.
- January 21-28 is Family Literacy Week in conjunction with Unplug & Play. We will have activities ongoing throughout the school that week and a brochure so you can participate in Unplug & Play will come home next week. There are free activities in support of both events happening around town so keep an eye/ ear out for a schedule.
- We have used our last box of tissues. If you could send a box we would very much appreciate it.
- The children are getting very good at zipping coats and putting on snowpants/ boots/gloves/mittens too. Thanks for practicing at home.
- We introduced January sight words this week. They are: us, on, big, it, with, can, be, little, me, we. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Thanks for all your help with our skating trip. We can't do it without parent support. Our next trips are Jan. 26 and Feb. 9. Look forward to seeing you!
Mrs. Bowden &