- Don't forget Saturday, Oct. 31 is Halloween (as if the children would let you!) and we also turn our clocks back one hour as well.
- Friday, Nov. 6 is Fresh Air Friday. Please dress your child appropriately and expect some dirt (and water if its wet outside).
- Book orders are also due Friday, Nov. 6, if you would like to order. If the order is meant to be gifts, please let me know beforehand so I can give them to you directly.
- If you have not yet paid school fees, they are due at the office.
- Kindergarten Survey 2015-2016 forms went home awhile ago and there are 3 still not returned. Please return it if you have not done so already.
- The kids are reading lots of Take Home books! I try to do them as often as possible but due to our schedule or random chaos, sometimes it doesn't happen that day (or the next).
- I am looking for a regular sized lamp or two to add to the corner of our classroom. As the days are getting darker, our little lamps are just not quite enough and I dislike using the florescent lighting. If you have a lamp, or set of lamps, hanging about that are in working order and you would like to be rid of, please consider donating them to our classroom.
- Thank you to Ciara and her family for the donation of a book to our classroom.
- Please refrain from sending more than one Halloween treat with your child each day.
Looking at the weather forecast, tomorrow night doesn't look promising. It's supposed to be more of the same- cloudy with showers. That makes for a cold, soggy and uncomfortable trick or treat adventure. Do you remember those days? Cast your mind back....back some more....little bit further... back to the time before internet and cell phones took over our lives, to only 2 fuzzy local channels on TV and if it was a Hockey Night in Canada game you found something else to do. Back to when playing outside after dark was normal and there was no such thing as 'time outs', just a smack on the behind. Well, okay, for most of you that's a lot too far back but for me its just about right. And I remember trick or treating in a snowsuit with my hastily-assembled-at-the-last-minute homemade costume crammed underneath just not being the same. So here's hoping for clear skies and warm weather for tomorrow night's festivities. Have a wonderful time!
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &