- Don't forget to send the library books back by Monday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Permission slips and $2.00 for the bus for our trip to the BLSC are due back Monday, Nov. 21. Our trip is the morning of Friday, Nov. 25.
- Const. Sophie Winkels will be joining us Monday, Nov. 21 to present the WITS program (walk away, ignore, talk it out, seek help).
- Hot lunch order forms are due to the office Wednesday, Nov. 23.
- PAC pizza order forms are due Monday, Nov. 28 with pizza delivered at lunch on Friday, Dec. 2.
- We are sharing a video conference with Mrs. Farber's class and the Royal Tyrell museum on Wednesday, Nov. 30.
- The last book orders before the holidays went home this week and are due back Wednesday, Nov. 23. If you would prefer to have an order delivered straight to you rather than your child, please let me know.
- The BEST newsletter for November can be found here.
- December Family Projects will be due Dec. 1 or whenever they are completed.
- B.E.S.T PAC will be having a Christmas Gift Shop at the school December 7 – 9 for students to buy Christmas gifts for their family. Items will be priced between .5 cents - $5.00. More information to come.
- Due to popular demand, the PAC will be raffling gift baskets filled with donated items at the Christmas Concert again this year. Our class theme for donations will be Arts & Crafts. Your donations of Arts and Crafts items to put into the basket are very much appreciated and due Monday, Dec. 12.
- Christmas gift idea? We have scheduled three skating sessions across January and February. If your child does not have skates they are welcome to borrow them from the school but the sizes might be off and they are a kijillion years old so not terribly warm or comfortable. This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for something suitable as the school books skating time for all classes every year.
- Zipped up coat weather is here and a number of the children cannot do them up themselves. Please practice zipping at home and putting on gloves/mittens too.
- November sight words are: at, and, do, from, go, he, see, she, stop (which we already know). If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
The weather has been so lovely. It feels like a gift of a tiny slice of autumn wrapped in a golden box. I know, from the way it's just beginning to be quite chilly in the mornings, that it will end soon so I am trying to take full advantage of it by taking Team Awesome outside as often as possible. And while most of this week has been damp and a bit wet and miserable, and the forecast for next week is the same, today of all days it held off. Because the river has come up so much in the last few weeks that there is only a small piece of beach, we unfortunately had to move our Fresh Air Friday activities to the school after taking a walking scavenger hunt through the neighbourhood. I know Team Awesome was very disappointed and I hope the river will have subsided by our next Fresh Air Friday (Dec. 2) so we can carry on with our usual routine.
Mrs. Bowden &