- Monday, May 21 is Victoria Day. (Yay! Long weekend! Camping anyone?!)
- Tuesday, May 22 BEST will have a fire drill.
- Friday, May 25 the whole school will participate in various jump rope stations outside in celebration of Jump Rope For Heart. Fundraising envelopes are due this day as well.
- Monday, May 28 is the first day of the Scholastic Book Fair and it concludes on Thursday, May 31. See posters for schedule.
- Orientation for the new Kindergarten students is the afternoon of Tuesday, May 29 and a substitute teacher will be in for part of the afternoon.
- The RCMP will be sponsoring a Bike Rodeo the morning of Wednesday, May 30 from 9:00-11:00. We will start with an assembly in the gym and then those children with bicycles will participate in the bike rodeo. If you would like your child to participate, ensure they have their bike, a helmet and a lock for their bike that morning.
- Don't forget about Bert Edwards' Egg Glider Fun Thursday, May 31, 1:00pm. Please see previous post for details.
- Please check the initials on the back of your Mother's Day necklace and ensure they are correct. It seems some of them were mixed up. If you have the wrong necklace, please bring it back and we will try and get you the correct one. Thank you.
- A reminder that the Scholastic Free Book Coupons Team Awesome received from me in their Christmas cards expire on June 30. Please order a book using the coupon before then.
- Permission forms for both our Learn To Fish trip to Paul Lake on Monday, June 4 and our 2 June gymnastics lessons at TCC went home this week. Please note that both have a fee.
- We are down to 12 pairs of scissors from 26. If you find a pair at home could you please send them back. Thank you.
- Don't forget to send us any small, broken appliances you might have lying around for our June FAF activities.
- The Big Little Science Centre runs summer camps. Info can be found here.
- The BEST May newsletter can be found here.
- May sight words are: are, her, him, how, out, play, this, when, your. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Thank you to Taylor and her family for the donation of a Scholastic book for our classroom.
Mrs. Bowden &