- Bailey loves his new puppy Stella and Brynn shared a crystal flower that makes rainbows.
- May lunch orders are due Monday, April 27.
- Friday, May 1, the City of Kamloops will be presenting a session on recycling and garbage called Sort It Out, complete with a visit by a garbage truck.
- Team Awesome will have a substitute teacher (Mrs. AND Mr. Unsworth!) on Friday, May 1.
- Don't forget to build your 'egg cage' for the Egg Launch on Monday, May 4. See previous post for details.
- Team Awesome will be hosting our moms for some one-on-one reading time and little snack the morning of Friday, May 8. If you are unable to join us, please send another adult for your child.
The Thursday afternoon before a Fresh Air Friday, Mrs. Farber and myself always walk to the river to check out our area to make sure its safe, and choose a new one if needed. As the children had repeatedly requested the same spot as last time, we headed there yesterday to scope it out. The large puddle the children had enjoyed had mostly dried up and could hardly be called a puddle. The area, including the ravine by the large metal door, seemed fine and therefore it was a go. Imagine our surprise this afternoon when we arrived at the exact same spot to see that the puddle was full and the ravine in front of the rusty door was also filled with water. After looking around and asking the children what they think had happened since yesterday, one of them made the connection that the river must have gotten more water in it somehow. And indeed, it had come up several feet overnight. As the river will only continue to rise, it is entirely likely that we will not make another trip down until June and the other FAFs will probably take place on school grounds.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &