- Some of the pictures and videos from this week will not be posted until the first week of January.
- We will take out new library books the first Tuesday back- Jan. 7.
- Someone has sent in the top of the skating permission form with two toonies taped to it. Unfortunately I need the bottom section of the form and don't know who it belongs to as there is no name on it. Please contact me and send the bottom of the form if it was meant for your child.
- Skating permission forms for January were due with $4. Please send it the first day back if you have not already. Please join us at MacArthur Arena on Thursday, Jan. 9 and 16. More info to come.
- School is back in session Monday, Jan. 6 2020 (!!).
- January Family Projects are due Friday, Jan. 10.
- The PAC is hosting a hot dog lunch on Friday, Jan. 10.
- The December sight words are: but, friend, give, good, in, look, up, see, want. Please feel free to practice them at home. We will practice them regularly in class.
- BEST monthly newsletter can be found here.
I love Christmas. Everything about it. The planning, shopping, decorating, wrapping, eating, visiting, baking, singing- you name it. But as you read this I will probably be sitting on a plane, travelling to a much dreamed of destination for a sunny holiday rather than preparing the perfect Christmas Day at home. You see, all of my boys are grown and have partners and they were unable to spend the holidays with us, for various reasons. And Christmas just isn't the same without your children, even if they are adults. And while the too-short days around Christmas feel a bit crazy right now, there may come a time when you too are on a beach for Xmas day, without your children. So embrace the craziness and the excitement and love and sleeplessness that happens at the holidays when you have small children. I can't think of a sweeter way to celebrate the season. Merry Christmas!
Mrs. Bowden &