- Please return library books before next Thursday for exchange.
- February Family Projects are due February 2 or whenever they are finished.
- Scholastic book orders are due Wednesday, Feb. 7.
- There will be a substitute for the morning of Friday Feb. 9. It is the first time the children will have a morning without me but I will be there for the afternoon.
- Monday, Feb. 12 is Family Day so Team Awesome will enjoy the day at home with you.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14 will consist of a variety of Valentine activities. Treats to celebrate are always welcome. It is less time consuming to hand out cards if you have your child fill in their name on their Valentine cards and leave off who they are for. Then we can just pop them into the card holders without trying to read names (and without 20 children waving cards in my face to help them because they can't read the writing and neither can I). We have 20 children in the class- 13 boys and 7 girls. Send the cards in a bag and have your child leave it on my desk or in the Home Box in the morning for safekeeping until the afternoon.
- Friday Feb. 16 is a Fresh Air Friday. Please expect wet muddy clothing and boots as per usual.
- Cst. Winkels will be joining us on Friday Feb. 16 for a WITS refresher as well as another lock down drill.
- I forgot to hand out Buddy Bags today (!!!). I will send them with the scheduled children for Monday night and if they could be returned by Wednesday so I can get them washed up that would be awesome. Thank you.
- We are required to have an informal report in February and to that end I have been doing some academic assessments with Team Awesome. Sometime in the next 2 weeks, either at drop off or pick up, I will snag you to go over your child's results.
- I have put the odds and ends of mittens, hats, snow pants, shoes and socks that have been hanging about on top of our cubbies in the hallway in the Lost and Found if you are looking for missing items.
- The BEST February newsletter can be found here.
- We have accidently broken many sets of head phones so far this year and although I have replaced some of them, we don't have enough for every child to use with the iPads and some of our favourite literacy games require them. If you would like to send a set in a bag with your child's name on it for your child to use they would appreciate it (and so would I).
- February sight words are: come, did, have, get, love, of, said, very, will, yes. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Thank you to both Taylor and her family and Riley and his family for donations of Scholastic books to our classroom.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &