- An information sheet regarding the Art Starts presentations at BEST for the year went home last week. If you missed it, let us know.
- Thank you for your donations to the Terry Fox Run at BEST.
- The PAC fundraiser The Great Big Deal Coupon Book brochure went home today. Each coupon book is $10 and loaded with great local deals. Return the order form with money and receive your books shortly. All funds raised go back into our school.
- We will begin our library time with Ms. Kipp on Monday. The children will each bring home one book. Please return it before the following Monday.
- The fire drill scheduled for Wednesday Sept. 28 has been moved up to Monday, Sept. 26.
- Lunch orders for October are due back Tuesday, Sept. 27.
- Thursday, Sept. 29 BEST will recognize Orange Shirt Day. Wearing an orange shirt and promoting the slogan, Every Child Matters, is an affirmation of our commitment to raise awareness of the residential school experience.
- PAC pizza day orders are due back Thursday, Sept. 29 with lunch delivered on Friday, Oct. 7.
- Friday, Sept. 30 is our second National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. There will be no school. This day honours children who never returned home, survivors of residential school, as well as families and communities impacted by residential schools.
- Team Awesome will NOT be attending the Adams River salmon run on Oct. 5. It is a bit too soon for a field trip for us but we will be having one towards the end of October. More info and permission forms will be posted closer to the date.
- Some of the Team still need a pair of headphones for our tablets.
- If you haven't returned the 2km Walking permission forms or Rivers Day form please submit them as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Please send a water bottle with your child's name on it in their packs. They will be returned home each day for washing.
- Please send utensils with your child in their lunch kits. Make sure they are ones you are willing to maybe not get back although we encourage the children to reuse even plastic utensils.
- Please do NOT send toys or items from home to school. These things get lost or broken and cause issues and often crying in our learning spaces.
- If your child is exhibiting illness symptoms of any kind they must be kept home. Thank you. Don't forget to send a box of tissues.
Mrs. Bowden &