- Jaden loves his Skylander lunch kit, Jackson showed us his Birthday Boy button and Ciara has a some interesting rocks in a tiny tin.
- Monday is our last library book exchange day. We will also peruse the Scholastic Book Fair that day. All library books are due Monday, June 13, and there will be no more sign-outs for this school year.
- Scholastic book orders went home last week and were due today, Friday, June 3. If you would still like to order some summer reading, hand the order in and I will make sure to send it off.
- Tuesday, June 7, we have Reading Buddies with Mrs. Weber's class.
- Wednesday, June 8, an ambulance and attendants will be here so we can take a peek and have some questions answered.
- Thursday, June 9, both Team Awesome and Mrs. Farber's Friends will have a small play to present to our parents. Our presentation time is 11:30 and it is in our classroom. Invites with more information went out yesterday.
- Friday, June 10, is Pizza Day if your child has placed an order.
- There will be a Scholastic Book Fair in the library from Monday, June 6, to Thursday, June 9.
- If you have not returned the permission slip for our gymnastics trips to TRU please do so as soon as possible.
- Sight words for June: boy girl friend good give saw they went why
- As usual, if you find any school scissors around at home please send them back to school. We are down to 9 pairs and still have some cutting to do before the end of June.
If you are five-turning-six your birthday is a big thing. BIG. If you are almost older than dirt it is much less so. In the fall we perused the birthday chart to talk about ourselves and become familiar with the months of the year and various other things. Someone noticed that there were no birthdays in June and I casually mentioned that mine was and that seemed to be the end of the conversation. Until Wednesday. Wednesday was June 1st and one of the Team Awesome members exclaimed that it was my birthday and they began to sing with huge smiles and gusto, proud that they could bestow on me this special gift despite my protestations. I explained that it was not my birthday and the interrogation began, "Well when is it? You said it was in June. How come you don't have a birthday cupcake on the calendar? When is it Mrs. Bowden?" and it continued for most of the day. So I relented. For the first time ever I put up a birthday cupcake with my name on it on the calendar and they were so thrilled and excited for me that I couldn't help but smile and wonder why I hadn't done it sooner. Guess I'll have to rummage around for some cupcakes so we can celebrate in style. :-)
9/6/2016 10:48:52 pm
Loved this post....birthdays are special especially when you've only had 5!! How fun that you shared this! We were glad to be in your classroom today to see the Cry Wolf play! What a good job they did! Thank you to you and Ms Phillips for all the hard work!
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &