- Alexandra showed us her French speaking mouse and Ella had numerous big-eyed stuffies.
- Monday is our library book exchange day.
- PAC pizza orders are due Monday, April 11 with pizza delivered on Friday, April 15.
- Friday, April 15, is a Fresh Air Friday. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Monday, April 18 is a Pro D day so Team Awesome will spend it at home.
- Friday April 22 is Earth Day.
- Abigail's family brought us a wonderful pizza, chip, juice, chocolate birthday cake lunch today so we could celebrate Abigail's birthday with them, which was the same day as Lysia's. Happy birthday girls!
- Thank you to Seth and his family for the lovely spring flowers.
I was away for our first day back after the break on Tuesday and although Team Awesome knew it was just for the day, they were thrilled to see me Wednesday morning and greeted me with joyous cries as well as "I missed you"s and "I love you"s. This type of outpouring of affection in the form of hugs and words occurs often throughout the day. And I am profoundly grateful every time it happens because it is not like my own children, who are expected to love me, but given freely and unconditionally. There was a time, when I first began teaching, that I would react to a spontaneous declaration of love from one of my students with a lukewarm response because I did not feel comfortable, that it was appropriate or that it was my place, to tell them I loved them in return. As I grew wiser I changed my position and now respond in kind. Why should I not tell them I love them when it is true? Can a child ever have too many adults in their life who love them and tell them so? After all, it takes a village and I am so thankful to be part of theirs.
Mrs. Bowden &