- Please return library books before next Thursday for exchange.
- January Family Projects are due when finished.
- Friday, Jan. 26 is our next possible Fresh Air Friday (depending on the weather).
- February hot lunch orders are due to the office by Thursday Jan. 25.
- PAC will host a pizza lunch on Friday, Feb. 2. If you would like to order your child pizza and juice, the order is due to the office on Tuesday, Jan. 30.
- The BEST January newsletter can be found here.
- January 22-25 is Family Literacy Week in conjunction with Unplug & Play. A notice of activities ongoing throughout the school next week has been posted on the BEST website and will be hung outside our classroom door. A brochure so you can participate in Unplug & Play came home last week. There are free activities in support of both events happening around town so keep an eye/ ear out for a schedule.
- Kindergarten registration for next year is from Monday, Jan. 29 to noon on Friday, Feb. 2. If you know of someone who is planning to register their child in Kindergarten at BEST, please let them know.
- We have accidently broken many sets of head phones so far this year and although I have replaced some of them, we don't have enough for every child to use with the iPads and some of our favourite literacy games require them. If you would like to send a set in a bag with your child's name on it for your child to use they would appreciate it (and so would I).
- January sight words are: be, big, can, it, little, me, on, us, with,we. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
As adults we often want to 'save' children. From hurting themselves, from making mistakes, from a broken heart, from doing things the hard way. But there is something to be said for dealing with the tough times and learning to persevere. Adversity is life's Buckley's: it doesn't taste good but it's good for you. A couple of teaspoons of it each day is not a bad thing.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &