- Don't forget to send the library books back next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- We have our first Spirit assembly on Monday, Nov. 6 with a community group activity to follow.
- The public health nurse will be doing our vision screening on Wednesday, Nov. 8. She will send home a letter for all students.
- Family Projects are due Thursday, Nov. 9 or whenever they are completed.
- You are welcome to join us for the Remembrance Day assembly at 10:45 on Friday, Nov. 10.
- Nov. 10 is also a Fresh Air Friday and we will be heading to the river unless the weather is unreasonably cold so please dress your child extra warmly.
- Monday, Nov. 13 is the Remembrance holiday so BEST will be closed.
- We have scheduled skating sessions November 30 and December 7 with Mrs. Weber's class. If your child does not have skates they are welcome to borrow them from the school but the sizes might be off and they are a kijillion years old so not terribly warm or comfortable. This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for something suitable as the school books skating time for all classes every year. Permission forms will be sent next week.
- November sight words are: at, and, do, from, go, he, she, stop. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Please have your child read any little paper books that come home multiple times for practice. Thank you.
- Many of the children had very cold hands today as their gloves were soaked after recess. Please either put an extra pair of mittens in their packs for lunch time or choose a mitten that repels water.
Please refrain from sending more than 1 Halloween treat to school each day with your child in November. They will be encouraged to eat their healthy food (ie sandwich) before having the treat at lunch.
Mrs. Bowden &