- Don't forget to send the library books back by Monday next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- PAC pizza order forms are due Monday, Nov. 28 with pizza delivered at lunch on Friday, Dec. 2.
- We are sharing a video conference with Mrs. Farber's class and the Royal Tyrell museum on Wednesday, Nov. 30.
- Our last Fresh Air Friday for 2016 will be Friday, Dec. 2. We are hoping to go to the river so please dress your child warmly as it is always chillier down there.
- The BEST newsletter for November can be found here.
- December Family Projects will be due Dec. 1 or whenever they are completed.
- B.E.S.T PAC will be having a Christmas Gift Shop at the school December 7 – 9 for students to buy Christmas gifts for their family. Items will be priced between .5 cents - $5.00. More information to come.
- BEST PAC will be raffling gift baskets filled with donated items at the Christmas Concert again this year. Our class theme for donations will be Arts & Crafts. Your donations of Arts and Crafts items to put into the basket are very much appreciated and due Monday, Dec. 12. You can leave them with me.
- Christmas gift idea? This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for suitable skates as the school books skating time for all classes every year.
- Zipped up coat weather is here and a number of the children cannot do them up themselves. Please practice zipping at home and putting on gloves/mittens too.
- November sight words are: at, and, do, from, go, he, see, she, stop (which we already know). If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home. We will begin December sight words next week as it is a short month.
- We would like to welcome our newest member, Kenna, to Team Awesome and her family to Kamloops.
- Thank you to the parents who helped us on our field trip to the BLSC today. Extra eyes and ears when we are away from the school are always appreciated.
Are you heading out to see Santa in the parade tomorrow (already!)? The weather is supposed to be +3 with possible flurries (if Environment Canada is to be believed) so it should be a good day for a winter parade. The parade begins at 2nd & St. Paul, travels North on 2nd Avenue and East on Victoria St. to 6th Avenue where it will disperse in the 600 Block Victoria St. The day starts with Wake-Up Santa at 10:30am and the parade beginning at 11:00am. There will be pre-parade entertainment starting at 10:15am along the parade route for the kids. I'll be thinking of all the parents attending with their overexcited children, trying to stay warm by jumping up and down and drinking too much coffee (which leads to the need for a nonexistent bathroom and more jumping) until the big finale, which after all is really the only thing everyone is there to see. Children are only children for such a very few short years and soon aren't interested in parades or things they consider childish or Santa either, meaning there are only a handful of Santa parades to enjoy with them. So bundle up warmly and revel in the excitement!
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &