- Don't forget to send library books back for exchange on Thursday. Just take them out of the special library book bag and drop them (with the bag) into the labelled container inside our classroom door.
- Book orders for October are due Friday, Oct. 6.
- Our first Fresh Air Friday is Friday, Oct. 6. Please dress the children for the weather. Remember it is often windy and cooler down on the beach and we sometimes get muddy/ dirty.
- Monday, Oct. 9 is Thanksgiving and BEST will be closed. Enjoy!
- Thursday, Oct. 12 is Rivers Day and all of BEST will be attending presentations down at the river. Further info is forthcoming.
- We read our first two little books together- "Chester Loves School" and "My book of P". The children should know them by heart. Their homework is to read it 3 more times at home for fluency (and to show off their budding reading skills). Please have them read any little paper books that come home (approximately 1 per week) multiple times for practice. Thank you.
- The first set of sight words were introduced last week. They are: I, a, like, the, you, no. Please feel free to practice them at home. We will practice them regularly in class.
- Please send back Family Projects as they are finished.
- The BEST PAC has sent home our first fundraiser- coupon books. They were due at the office this past Monday. If you have not paid for a coupon book and kept it, please either send it back or send $10 to the office.
- Please do not send toys from home to school. They often get lost or broken and then copious amounts of crying ensues. And more crying, followed by yet more crying.
- If your child seems to have misplaced a notice, I pin all extras to our hallway bulletin board- help yourself.
- BEST PAC would like to host a Christmas Craft Fair on Sunday, Nov. 12 and is looking for parents who would like to rent a table. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amanda at 778-220-0113 for more information.
- It is chilly when we go out for recess so please remember to send sweaters/ coats.
- Lost sweaters/ coats can be found in the Lost & Found bin by the parking lot doors.
- Please see the previous post for how you can support our BEST library by donating books through Chapters Indigo from September 16 through to October 8.
Goodness! Have you had a chance to peruse our online October calendar? It is full full full and things keep being added (so keep checking back please as the paper version may not be up to date- we still have a pumpkin patch field trip to book). I can hardly keep up! All that activity means our peeps will be overstimulated and tired, which can lead to less than ideal attitudes while playing and learning. Please make sure the children have plenty of rest this month and healthy snacks to keep them in tiptop learning shape!
Mrs. Bowden &