- Theo had a red key, Olivia showed us her special rocks, Azaan had a truck and Jacqueline likes her pink sparkly purse.
- Monday, Dec. 7 is a Non-instructional Day so the children will not attend school but I'll be here learning how to be a better teacher.
- All library books are due back to the school on Monday, Dec. 14.
- The concert dress rehearsal takes place Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 1:00. The whole school will be in the gym to see the performance and nothing special is required of you.
- The BEST Winter Concert takes place Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 1:00 and 6:00. Please do not drop your child at our classroom before 5:45.
- Report cards went home today so look for them in your child's Take Home folder. Please keep the report and sign the envelope and return it to me for the next report card.
- A reminder that our basket theme for the PAC raffle is 'Beverages/Coffee/Tea'. If you can send a donation for our basket it would be very appreciated.
- If you have not seen the post re: concert costumes from Mrs. Phillips posted on Thursday, please look at it or peruse the notice on the board outside our classroom.
- If you find some of our missing scissors, would you please send them back to school. We are also missing 4 or 5 coloured plastic spoons and are down to only 2 in our classroom.
- Thank you to Seth and his family for the donation of some Christmas cards and envelopes for the writing station. The children love giving them to friends.
Ok. So I know I am not cut out to be a meteorologist after the bad weather call for the Santa parade last week and obviously I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet, especially if it seems too good to be true. But who could have forecast the seriously bizarre weather we are having right now? Although to be honest, I am not sad to be leaving my big heavy winter boots on the mat at the front door, even though I know it won't last long. And to have such (relatively) warm weather for our afternoon at the river was wonderful. Team Awesome loves exploring and playing at the river and although to the average adult it looks like we are just playing, the learning that happens is of the type that simply could not happen within the confines of a classroom. I am so thankful to be able to provide the children with such a team building experience twice a month. We had an awesome time today!
Mrs. Bowden &