- Return library books to the bin on Monday so we can exchange them.
- Thursday, Feb. 9 is our last skating trip. Thanks for all your help with our past skating trips. We can't do it without parent support.
- Friday, Feb. 10 is a Fresh Air Friday. Be prepared for cold wet muddy boots, socks, pants etc. as there are often puddles that get jumped and fallen into (accidently on purpose) this time of year.
- A notice went home about a "Love your Pet" dance on Friday, Feb. 10 but we will be going to the river if the weather cooperates. If you would like to send a donation with your child anyway please feel free.
- Monday, Feb. 13 is Family Day so Team Awesome will enjoy the day at home with you.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 will consist of a variety of Valentine activities. Treats to celebrate are always welcome. It is less time consuming to hand out cards if you have your child fill in their name on their Valentine cards and leave off who they are for. Then we can just pop them into the card holders without trying to read names (and without 18 children waving cards in my face to help them because they can't read the writing and neither can I). We have 18 children in the class. Send the cards in a bag and have your child leave it on my desk or in the Home Box in the morning for safekeeping.
- Thursday, Feb. 16 is an early 12:30 dismissal day due to parent/ teacher interviews. I am finishing up a few assessments and will try and touch bases with parents the week of Feb. 13. It need not be long or even a scheduled visit so I might pull you aside in the morning or afternoon for a quick chat. Of course, you can book an 'official' time to see me on Thursday if you would like or any other day that works for you.
- There have been odds and ends of mittens, hats, snow pants, shoes and socks hanging about on top of our cubbies for months and I have put them in the Lost and Found if you are missing something.
- The BEST January newsletter can be found here.
- February Projects went home and are due when you have finished them.
- We began practicing our February sight words. They are: come, did, have, get, love, of, said, very, will, yes. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &