- Lara shared her hairbrush, Valletta had a sparkly purse and Mason showed us his hockey jersey.
- Tomorrow, Friday Dec. 5 is a ProD day. Students will not attend school.
- Please sign and return the report card envelope if you have not already.
- Tuesday Dec. 9 is our last Family Math night.
- Friday Dec. 12 will be Fresh Air Friday. If you would like to help supervise, please let me know.
- Our theme for the PAC fundraising baskets is chocolate. Items are due Friday Dec. 12.
I was away at a workshop this morning and although Team Awesome knew it was just for part of the day, they were thrilled to see me this afternoon and greeted me with joyous cries as well as "I missed you"s and "I love you"s. This type of outpouring of affection in the form of hugs and words occurs often throughout the day. And I am profoundly grateful every time it happens because it is not like my own children, who are expected to love me, but given freely and unconditionally. There was a time, when I first begin teaching, that I would react to a spontaneous outpouring of love with a lukewarm response because I did not feel comfortable, that it was appropriate or that it was my place to tell them I loved them in return. As I grew wiser I changed my position and now respond in kind. Why should I not tell them I love them when it is true? Can a child ever have too many adults in their life who love them and tell them so? After all, it takes a village and I am so thankful to be part of theirs.
Mrs. Bowden &