- This week Iszaac shared his boots, Beth showed two shells and Tayja brought some pictures of a Swallowtail butterfly and a caterpillar.
- The assembly slated for Oct. 18 has been cancelled. BEST is going to participate in a Guinness Records attempt for largest simultaneous science lesson and will be using the gym.
- There is a growing collection of metal spoons from lunches on the science table. Please check to see if any belong to you.
- Whenever possible I will try and switch days with another child if your child is absent on their VIP day. There have been a number of absences this week so the VIP schedule is not exactly as posted as some trading has occurred.
- The flu and cold season is upon us already and, let's face it, Kindergarten is a warm swampy breeding ground for germs no matter how often I remind them to wash their hands and not stick things in their mouths. If your child is ill or feeling under the weather, please keep them home until they are well.
- Oct. 28 is DEAR Day- Drop Everything And Read. From 11:00-11:20 all classes at BEST will be doing just that- dropping everything and reading- regardless of the activity they are engaged in.
- Parent/ Teacher interviews are next Thursday and Friday and dismissal time for students is 12:30, not our regular 2:30. Please make arrangements for early pick up.
- Picture orders are due Thursday Oct. 17.
- Unfortunately on the Jack And The Bean permission form there was an error and the fee for each student is $5.00, not the stated $2.00. Thank you for your understanding.
As per the usual Friday format, just a few notes and reminders.
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Bowden &