- Don't forget to send the library books back next week and your child will put it in the Library Box on their way in.
- Permission slips for our pumpkin patch field trip are due Monday, Oct. 23. The cost is $9.00- $7.00 for the pumpkin patch and $2.00 for the bus. If you haven't sent it in yet please do so as soon as possible or your child will be unable to attend. Someone sent $10 but I am not sure who so I have some change for you.
- The Blazers will be visiting classes the morning of Monday, Oct. 23 and BEST will participate in a school-wide DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) time that afternoon.
- Photo retakes are Tuesday, Oct. 24. We will also be having a whole class photo at that time.
- We have a fire drill Wednesday, Oct. 25.
- Thursday, Oct. 26, we will spend the morning at Sunset Farms. Please dress warmly!
- Friday, Oct. 27 is a Fresh Air Friday. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Our BEST PAC popular cookie dough fundraiser forms went home this week. Order forms are due to the office by Wednesday, Nov. 1 please.
- November lunch orders went home today and are due back to the office by Wednesday, Oct. 25 please.
- The PAC is hosting a Mexican lunch on Friday, Nov. 3. If you would like to make an order they are due to the office by Monday, Oct. 30 please.
- We have scheduled skating sessions November 30 and December 7 with Mrs. Weber's class. If your child does not have skates they are welcome to borrow them from the school but the sizes might be off and they are a kijillion years old so not terribly warm or comfortable. This is a good time to start looking in secondhand shops for something suitable as the school books skating time for all classes every year.
- November Family Projects were sent home this week as they involve a timeline poster and I wanted to be sure to give lots of time for them. They are due back Friday, Nov. 10 or whenever they are completed.
- October sight words are: am, to, my, for, was, is. If a word comes up repeatedly in our studies we will sometimes add it to our words for the month. Please feel free to practice them at home.
- Please have your child read any little paper books that come home multiple times for practice. Thank you.
- Thank you to Brookie and her family and Taylor and her family for the donation of Scholastic books to our classroom.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit Team Awesome in our classroom this week. They were so excited to have you come and see what we have been up to in Kindergarten. And I was happy to hear that they all enjoy being here. Although they seem content and adjusted while they are in class and engaged in whatever we are learning, sometimes the stories told at home can be slightly different. You are more than welcome to ask your child to show you the 'latest and greatest' projects we are working on any time you pick them up at the end of the day and pull me aside for a quick chat without waiting for an interview if you have questions or concerns. Enjoy your extra day at home with the children- they are going to need plenty of rest for our next few busy weeks.
Mrs. Bowden &