Students are invited to enter this fun event on their own, with a group or with a parent. All you have to do is build a glider that carries a raw egg. Find a way to prevent an egg from breaking while also travelling as far as possible. Choose the materials, make your plan and have some fun.
- Students may enter individually or with a partner or as a small group.
- Parental assistance is appreciated but not required.
- The egg must be visible. We want to see if it breaks or not.
- The device must be able to be lifted one handed and launched one handed
- Students will not launch their own glider
- Glider must not be bigger than 2 feet by 2 feet
- Motors and propellers may be added but no remote controls
Build a beautiful, elegant and very effective egg glider that flies. There will not be prizes or measurements. We will just take pride in our achievement.
Please ensure your glider has your name on it. They will be picked up at our classroom in the morning by a grade 5 student and returned to you with an egg in it at the gliding event. If you would like to join us, we will be outside watching the gliders perform at about 1:00.